Community Board Six has an important New York City Charter mandated advisory role in dealing with land use and zoning matters, city budget, municipal service delivery and many other items relating to the quality of life of those who live, work and visit our district. We represent the area on the east side of Manhattan from 14th to 59th Streets, from the East River to Lexington Avenue, and extending west to Madison Avenue between 34th and 40th Streets. This is one of the most diverse community districts in the city. Located within our boundaries are the United Nations complex, major academic & medical institutions and Stuyvesant Town, Tudor City, Turtle Bay, Peter Cooper Village, Murray Hill, Gramercy Park, Kips Bay, East Midtown Plaza and Sutton Place. Please contact us with your community concerns.
|Richard Eggers, Chair||Jesús Pérez, District Manager|
NYC Street Fair Survey
The Mayor’s Office of Citywide Event Coordination and Management (CECM) is conducting a review of the public’s feelings about street fairs to understand what works well and what needs improvement, so click here to have your say.
NYPD Body Camera Survey
The New York City Police Department (NYPD) plans to assign approximately 1,000 body-worn cameras to officers in certain precincts throughout the city. This is part of a one-year pilot program to determine whether body-worn cameras can help to encourage lawful and respectful police-citizen interactions and improve the safety of both police officers and members of the public. In order to ensure that the NYPD’s body-worn camera program responds to the interests and concerns of the communities it serves, the NYPD has asked the Policing Project at New York University School of Law to gather public input on how the cameras should be used. Click here by July 31, 2016 to give your input.
Dangerous Intersection Survey
Community Board 6 is eager to hear from residents about the most dangerous intersections near their homes. If you know of a dangerous intersection, please tell us about it by filling out this survey. Thank you for participating and helping to make CB6’s streets safer for us all!
311 Service Request Maps
Board Meeting Video Recordings
- To identify your elected representatives, enter your address at this website, or use the CB6 directory of elected officials serving east midtown.
- Repair of the Queens Midtown Tunnel will continue through 2019
- Street tree resources: get free street trees, tree care tips, inventory of area street trees
- The rules and legally permitted locations for mobile food vendors
- Frequently asked questions about NYC Dept. of Sanitation regulations
- Information about your Community Boards
- Flyer for quality of life complaints Call 311 Flyer (can be customized on request)
- Eviction Prevention Resource Guide
- Better bike parking? Request a free bicycle rack from NYC Dept. of Transportation
- The FY District Needs Statement form from Office of Management and Budget integrates Community Board member perceptions of district needs and specific agency funding requests. Here is the 2017 CB6 DNS. For CB6 continuing support, expense and capital requests for City agencies, please visit the Budget & Governmental Affairs Committee page.