Community Board Six has an important New York City Charter mandated advisory role in dealing with land use and zoning matters, city budget, municipal service delivery and many other items relating to the quality of life of those who live, work and visit our district. We represent the area on the east side of Manhattan from 14th to 59th Streets, from the East River to Lexington Avenue, and extending west to Madison Avenue between 34th and 40th Streets. This is one of the most diverse community districts in the city. Located within our boundaries are the United Nations complex, major academic & medical institutions and Stuyvesant Town, Tudor City, Turtle Bay, Peter Cooper Village, Murray Hill, Gramercy Park, Kips Bay, East Midtown Plaza and Sutton Place. Please contact us with your community concerns.
|Richard Eggers, Chair||Jesús Pérez, District Manager|
311 Service Request Maps
Board Meeting Video Recordings
For more information consult this flyer: Bike New York Flyer
CB6 District Needs Statement for 2017
The new District Needs Statement form from Office of Management and Budget integrates Community Board member perceptions of district needs and specific agency funding requests. Here is the 2017 CB6 DNS. For CB6 continuing support, expense and capital requests for City agencies, please visit the Budget & Governmental Affairs Committee page.
Dangerous Intersection Survey
Community Board 6 is eager to hear from residents about the most dangerous intersections near their homes. If you know of a dangerous intersection, please tell us about it by filling out this survey. Thank you for participating and helping to make CB6’s streets safer for us all!
- To identify your elected representatives, enter your address at this website, or use the CB6 directory of elected officials serving east midtown.
- Repair of the Queens Midtown Tunnel will continue through 2019
- Street tree resources: get free street trees, tree care tips, inventory of area street trees
- The rules and legally permitted locations for mobile food vendors
- Frequently asked questions about NYC Dept. of Sanitation regulations
- Information about your Community Boards
- Flyer for quality of life complaints Call 311 Flyer (can be customized on request)
- Eviction Prevention Resource Guide
- Better bike parking? Request a free bicycle rack from NYC Dept. of Transportation