Community Board Six has an important New York City Charter mandated advisory role in dealing with land use and zoning matters, city budget, municipal service delivery and many other items relating to the quality of life of those who live, work and visit our district. We represent the area on the east side of Manhattan from 14th to 59th Streets, from the East River to Lexington Avenue, and extending west to Madison Avenue between 34th and 40th Streets. This is one of the most diverse community districts in the city. Located within our boundaries are the United Nations complex, major academic & medical institutions and Stuyvesant Town, Tudor City, Turtle Bay, Peter Cooper Village, Murray Hill, Gramercy Park, Kips Bay, East Midtown Plaza and Sutton Place. Please contact us with your community concerns.
|Richard Eggers, Chair||Jesús Pérez, District Manager|
CB6 Helps Secure Pedestrian Safety Measures at 58th Street and 2nd Avenue
After a pedestrian was fatally struck by a vehicle at the intersection of East 58th Street and 2nd Avenue in July, Community Board 6 immediately took up the matter. Community residents attended that month’s Transportation Committee meeting to share their concerns about this intersection and to request that pedestrian safety measures be implemented there. As a result, CB6 called on the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) to address the community’s concerns about the safety of this intersection. CB6 is pleased to report that the DOT now plans to introduce a leading pedestrian interval signal at the intersection in the coming weeks and to study the location to determine whether additional safety measures can be implemented.
LinkNYC Wifi Kiosk Survey
Community Board 6 would like to know how you feel about the LinkNYC wifi kiosks that have been installed in our district. Click here to have your say. A discussion of these kiosks was on the agenda at the most recent CB6 Public Safety Committee meeting, and we expect to continue discussing them at future meetings. Consult our meeting calendar for more details.
Temporary Bus Stop Relocation on Westbound M34 SBS Route
Please be advised that on Thursday, September 8, 2016, and lasting for approximately 5 weeks, the westbound M34 SBS bus stop located on the northwest corner of East 34th Street and 2nd Avenue will be temporarily relocated half a block west due to the installation of a new bus bulb. For more information, click here.
Dangerous Intersection Survey
Community Board 6 is eager to hear from residents about the most dangerous intersections near their homes. If you know of a dangerous intersection, please tell us about it by filling out this survey. Thank you for participating and helping to make CB6’s streets safer for us all!
311 Service Request Maps
Board Meeting Video Recordings
- To identify your elected representatives, enter your address at this website, or use the CB6 directory of elected officials serving east midtown.
- Repair of the Queens Midtown Tunnel will continue through 2019
- Update on QMT Rehabilitation Projects in CB6 – 9/2016 presentation
- Street tree resources: get free street trees, tree care tips, inventory of area street trees
- The rules and legally permitted locations for mobile food vendors
- Frequently asked questions about NYC Dept. of Sanitation regulations
- Information about your Community Boards
- Flyer for quality of life complaints Call 311 Flyer (can be customized on request)
- Eviction Prevention Resource Guide
- Better bike parking? Request a free bicycle rack from NYC Dept. of Transportation
- The FY District Needs Statement form from Office of Management and Budget integrates Community Board member perceptions of district needs and specific agency funding requests. Here is the 2017 CB6 DNS. For CB6 continuing support, expense and capital requests for City agencies, please visit the Budget & Governmental Affairs Committee page.