The Public Safety and Environment Committee deals with a range of issues that affect public safety, from crime prevention to safe building construction to emergency preparedness. The committee monitors the operations of and provision of services by the Police Department, the Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services, as well as the Department of Buildings in its capacity as enforcer of building codes. On the environment, the committee works with the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Sanitation. This committee meets on the 3rd Monday of the month.
Nick Smolney, Chair
Fred Arcaro, Vice Chair
Public Safety and Environment MinutesPS&E Mins – Nov 21, 2016
Public Safety and Environment Minutes – Jan 24, 2016
Public Safety and Environment Minutes – Dec 21, 2015
Public Safety and Environment Minutes – Nov 16, 2015
This section is being updated. Links in italics are being restored. Thank you for your patience. -CB6
- NYPD flyer about NYS laws on registration of sex offenders – 4/15
- PlaNYC 2015 presentation and request for public input – 4/15
- Office of Resilience presentation – flood protection system for East River – 1/15
- Con Ed storm hardening project on E. 15th St. and 1st Ave. – 12/15/14
- E. 34th St. Transitway – Presentation to CB6 PSE Comm. – 9/15/14
- E. 34th St. Transitway – nighttime restrictions on parking, Sept. 2014
- Presentation on how Green Map System toolkit could be used within CB6, June 2014
- Mayor’s Office of Long Term Planning and Sustainability (OLTPS) resilience presentation to PSE Committee on March 17, 2014: Hurricane Sandy, the risks of climate change, building a more resilient NYC, implementation steps.
- Con Ed overnight work in May around E. 25th St. and FDR Service Road
- NYC DDC plans renovations to Pershing Square, on the south side of E. 40th. St between Madison and Park Avenues.
- NYC DOT plans to extend a protected bike lane on Second Avenue from 14th to 23rd Street.