Community Board 6 represents the area on the East Side of Manhattan from 14th to 59th Streets, from the East River to Lexington Avenue, and extending west to Madison Avenue between 34th and 40th Streets.
- The district covers 1.4 square miles.
- Well-known neighborhoods include Gramercy Park, Murray Hill, Sutton Place, Beekman Place, Turtle Bay, Tudor City, Kips Bay, and Rosehill.
- Major residential complexes include Phipps Houses, East Midtown Plaza, Waterside Plaza, Peter Cooper Village and Stuyvesant Town.
- Significant commercial buildings include the Citicorp Center and the Chrysler building.
- The district is home to the United Nations as well as numerous embassies, missions and diplomatic residences.
- The district is home to 5 major hospitals: Beth Israel, Joint Diseases, Veterans, Bellevue and NYU Langone Medical Center. In addition, many multiple ambulatory care facilities, substance abuse, mental health and other clinics and facilities are located in the area.
- To identify your elected representatives, enter your address at this website, or use the CB6 directory of elected officials serving east midtown. Click here to see our district needs statement.
Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
There are five BIDs located in whole or in part within the district: Grand Central Partnership, 34th Street Partnership, East Midtown Partnership, Union Square Partnership, and the Flatiron/23rd St. Partnership.
There are five ZIP codes contained within CB6: 10003, 10010, 10016, 10017, and 10022.
New York City Police Department – 17th Precinct
167 E 51st St, New York, NY 10022
New York City Police Department – 13th Precinct
230 East 21st Street, New York, NY, 10010
The following maps highlight various aspects of the district.
Community District 6 Profile per Dept. of City Planning